The City Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Albion city government and is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of all departments and services of the city. The City Manager's support staff includes the Executive Assistant to the City Manager and the Human Resources Coordinator.
The City Manager:
- appoints all department heads of the city, except the City Attorney and approves the hiring of all city employees.
- coordinates all city departments to implement the programs and policies of the City Council.
- prepares and administers the annual city budget.
- plans and implements the city's capital projects.
- administers the city's purchasing and competitive bidding processes.
- supervises the city's information technology services, providing oversight of the city's IT contractors.
- prepares council meeting agenda in coordination with the City Clerk.
- serves as Personnel Director for the city, overseeing all human resources functions, labor relations and collective bargaining agreement administration.
- formulates policy recommendations for the City Council, executes policy directives of the council and establishes organizational goals with direction from the City Council.
- ensures that the City Council receives professional and objective staff advice and recommendations.
Under the supervision of the City Manager, provides high level, confidential administrative and secretarial support to the daily operations of the City Manager’s Office. Provides support to the City Council and various Boards and Commissions as assigned. Maintains schedules, files, fields phone calls, records minutes and acts as a liaison between the City Manager, Employees of the City and the public. Jesse earned a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management and aims to strengthen the communication and connection between the City and the Community.
Should you have a question about general city operations or would like to send information to the City Manager or City Council, please contact us and we’d be happy to assist you!