The Albion Department of Public Safety (ADPS) will pay to send you to both the police academy and the fire academy. The department offers excellent benefits and requires employees to contribute less toward those benefits than most police and fire departments. This means higher take-home pay for you. We invite you to consider joining our agency and see what we have to offer!
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER:
The City of Albion, Michigan, is seeking qualified candidates for one full-time Public Safety Officer position. Albion has a population of 8,000 residents and covers an area of 4.5 square miles. The Department provides both police and fire services to the city.
Statement of Duties:
Public Safety Officers shall perform all the duties and responsibilities of the Police and Fire services for the city. In addition, Public Safety Officers are responsible for the prevention of crimes, preservation of public peace and order, apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property under the laws of the City and State, the protection of people and property from fire, and assisting people in medical emergencies.
- High school/GED diploma, associate’s degree in a related field, bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Must be a U.S. citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment;
- MCOLES certified/certifiable as a police officer;
- Michigan Fire Fighter I and II certified;
- Must have a valid Michigan driver license and good driving history;
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history;
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process, and drug/alcohol screen.
Starting wages will be presented when application and resume are received, depending on experience and qualifications.
Applications for employment and complete job descriptions are available at:
Posted – July 13, 2020
Closing- until filled.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to:
Lt Mike Kolassa
112 W. Cass St.
Albion, MI 49224
The application can be mailed or emailed.
For additional information or questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with Lt. Mike Kolassa at 517-629-7193 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Scott Kipp
112 W Cass St
Albion, MI 49224
The City of Albion is an Equal Opportunity Employer