Please take the Parks & Recreation Survey now! Albion 2021 Parks and Recreation Community Survey (surveymonkey.com)
COST: Free to Albion Residents (made possible through City of Albion Recreation/Battle Creek Family YMCA partnership) $5 for non-residents
WHO: Anyone & Family Friendly (children under 16 must have a parent present)
SIZE: Up to 25 Participants per class (masks required indoors)
WHERE: Washington Gardner, 401 East Michigan Ave., Enter through west door off of Berrien St. Free Parking available on Berrien.
City Parks and outdoor lots
Thanks for making May a fun and rewarding month together! I am pleased to share our Albion June fitness and programming with you below.
Highlights from last week:
- We had 10 participants achieve all seven punches on their Albion fitness class punch card and receive a Y shirt! Great job!
- We heard your feedback and added: Yoga Flow, Zumba and Friday morning Silverstars to our June schedule. So far we've had wonderful attendance.
Fun fact of the week:
- The Y has been in Albion at Washington Gardner for THREE MONTHS! Three months of fun, motivational and empowering fitness classes. THANK YOU for continuing to join us!
- Since starting this journey with you, the Y has had over 800 participants join us!
- Water Aerobics will resume this week, Thursday, June 8 and June 10 at the DOW. Thank you for your time and understanding during last week's pool closure.
- On Saturday June 12, we will not have class at Washington Garnder. We will be at Holland Park (615 W Michigan St.) with Dontaye for Xtreme Hip Hop Step at 11am. Class is FREE to anyone.
- In the month of June, we will be doing a raffle! Each class you attend, your name will be put in a raffle and at the end of the month the winner will receive a fun package from the Y!
Plan your week:
- Attached to this email you'll find June's Albion fitness & pool schedule and pictures from classes last week. As a reminder, you can find the schedules and photos from classes on the Y's Facebook page: Battle Creek Family YMCA or by clicking the link, Facebook.
Calhoun County, MI Parks & Recreation Department
The Albion Recreation Department can be found on Facebook.
Rec. Desk Registration and Information
Historically the Albion Recreation Departments primary emphasis has been to provide activities for youth between the ages of 4 and 14 years of age. As the City changes demographically the Recreation Department has and continues to explore programming to meet the recreational needs of the entire Albion Community.
The Albion Recreation Department through partnerships with Marshall Public Schools, Albion College, The Battle Creek YMCA and other non - profit organizations utilizes a wide array of facilities within the city to provide programming for it's residents. This enables the Recreation Department to offer highly successful programs such as Mommy and Me Swimming; Water Aerobics; The Annual Easter Egg Hunt; The Daddy Daughter Dance; Summer Dreams Enrichment Camp; Peapod Summer Camp; Youth Football; Youth Basketball; Music in the Park; Free Movie and Lunch at the Bohm Theatre; The Community Bike Ride Program; T-Ball (which originated in Albion by then Recreation Director Jerry Sacharski) and more to the community.
While the primary goal of the City Recreation Department is to engage residents in leisure activities and to provide healthy lifestyle choices we also understand and accept the responsibility to prepare our school age youth for the educational and behavioral expectations of high school and beyond. To this end many of the youth programs require that participants meet a academic and behavior standard to participate.
The City of Albion Recreation Department is funded through a Special Recreation Millage, part of which helps fund The Forks Senior Center. The Recreation Departments budget is augmented by grant funding, private donations and program fees.